Cookies are short pieces of text (letters and/or numbers) that allow the web server to store on the client (the browser) information to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even after some days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, according to user preferences, from a single browser on the specific device being used (pc, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacon, clear GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to gather information about the user behavior and the use of services.
From here on, we will refer to cookies and all similar technologies by simply using the word “cookie”,
Types of cookie
- Technical Cookies: they are used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network , or, as strictly necessary, for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service” (Art. 122, paragraph 1, Privacy Code). They can be divided into navigation cookies or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate for access to restricted areas).
- Analytical Cookies: they are assimilated to technical cookies and are used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregated form, about the accesses, the number of users and how they use the website. They are used only for analytical purposes.
- Functional Cookies: they allow the user’s browsing according to a number of selected criteria, such as, for example, the language, the products selected for purchase, in order to improve the service provided.
- Profiling Cookies: their purpose is to create profiles concerning the user and they are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by him/her during his/her surfing the net.
- Third Party Cookies: during the navigation on the site, the user may receive on his/her terminal cookies from other websites or web servers, which are set directly by operators of websites or servers unrelated to this website. These cookies can be sent to the user’s browser by other companies directly from their websites, which can be accessed by navigating the site. In such cases, the owner of this website is not responsible with respect to the operations of those cookies, whose submission is the responsibility of such third parties.
Third Party Cookies
Visiting a website, it is possible to receive cookies both by the website visited (“owners”) and by websites maintained by other organizations (“third parties”). A notable example is the presence of “social plugin” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. It is part of the page visited directly generated by these sites and integrated into the host site page. The most common use of social plugin is aimed at sharing contents on social networks.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites operated by third parties. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is regulated by its own regulations which you should refer to.
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the user closes the browser or the execution of the command logout. Other cookies “survive” the closure of the browser and are also available in future visits of the user.
These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases it is fixed a deadline, in other cases duration is unlimited.
Management of cookies
The user can decide whether to accept cookies or not, using his/her browser settings.
Warning: the total or partial deactivation of technical cookies may compromise the use of the functionality of the site reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the fruition of the public content is possible even if cookies are completely deactivated.
The deactivation of Third-party cookies does not compromise in any way the navigability of the site.
The setting may be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore the best browsers allow the user to define different settings for “owner” cookies and “third-party” ones.
For example, in Firefox, through the menu Tools -> Options -> Privacy, it is possible to access a control panel where the user can decide whether to accept or not the different types of cookies and remove them.
In order to ensure greater transparency and convenience, there are here below the web addresses concerning the different regulations and how cookies are managed, indicating active services on the website www.blueprintcompetition.it:
Our website includes certain components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analyses service provided by Google. Also in such case, these are third party cookies collected and managed anonymously in order to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookie).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” in order to collect and analyse anonymously information about the behavior of web site usage (including your IP address). This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes that in order to issue reports for the operators about the activities on the websites themselves. This site does not use (and does not allow anyone to use) the analysis tool of Google to track or collect personally identifiable information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a user. Google may also communicate this information to third parties unless required by law or where the third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For further information, click this link: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/
Google (Information sheet): http://www.google.it/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
Google (Configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing/
The third-party sites that can be accessed through this website are not covered by this information sheet. The Municipality of Genoa declines any responsibility for them. The categories of cookies used and the type of processing of personal data by these companies are regulated according to the information sheets made by these companies.